Friday, August 11, 2006

Lost Angeles

Well. No post yesterday I'm afraid because we didn't get back to the campsite from Universal until gone 11pm, by which time, my head felt like it was about to implode and I just wanted to sleep for near eternity only to be woken up in a world with no freeways. Or blocks. The forty minute journey back from Universal (which took two hours or so on the way there because we missed our exit. Twice.) took about two and a half hours. I'm not sure what happened, none of us did, it was like we all came to on the wrong road! Anyhoo, we ended up in the most visible RV this side of a movie trailer (see what I did there) in a part of Los Angeles where no one spoke English, late at night. Needless to say, for those of you who know my family well, tensions ran rather high. This side of the experience, though, it is easy to laugh and look upon it as a steep learning curve and a dinner anecdote I'll be telling for the rest of my natural life.

I haven't got time to post more now, so I'll write from San Diego, which is where we're of to now and I'll tell you all about Universal next time, which was interesting and a lot of fun.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sweet thing - missin' you.

Fact.

Did you ever think you'd actually want to see a roundabout?

Look forward to hearing more Stateside Sarah asap, these US of States insights are by far the highlight of my life right now...When you're in borin' snorin' UK, you gotta take the kicks where you can!

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wondered where you were. Can't wait to hear all about Universal - did you go on any of the rides? Post soon please 'cos some of us are addicted now. Like Lisa said, these are the highlights of our days.

Message from Mike - you sound like you're enjoying yourself. Make sure you have a great time and write lots.

Love to Amy and Marty and loads of love to you. Missing you cherub xxxx

8:45 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

You gorgeous people, my public (Oh goodness, I'm sounding like SB!) - I'm so glad that you're enjoying the blog, and so glad that you're all posting all the time - it's better than email in lots of ways because I get to post pictures!

I miss you all too. Fact. I think the next time I go travelling, I'm going to have take everyone I know with me, like a caravan of old. Yes, I miss roundabouts! Though actually, the trailer is so long that I don't know if we could go around one in it! Reversing is a bloody nightmare, as someone (read me) has to get out each time and steer the thing backwards! It's times like that that I'm grateful for blocks, because we are getting very accustommed to going right and right andright to get back to the place where we went wrong!

Love to Lisa and special daughterly love to mum. I don't know if I've gone this long without ringing you for quite a while, and at points during last night I DESPERATELY wanted to talk to you! Lots of love xxxxx

3:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, you haven't gone this long without calling me for I don't know how long but look on the bright side, you'll have soooooooooo much to chat about when you get back (and I can't wait!!). xxxxxxxxx

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home